At home healthcare, such as nursing care at home, is growing in demand not only in Pakistan but across the globe. Juggle the daily demands of work, home, children and caring for someone who may be disabled, ill, or aging can be a tough challenge. Managing busy families and the emotional decisions that must be made when caring for a loved one can be overwhelming.
Parents and adult children may live thousands of miles away from one another, separated by different cities, states, or even countries. Often, the demands and pressure of providing care can result in caregiver burnout—a state of physical, emotional, and mental exhaustion. It occurs when family caregivers do not get the help they need and are trying to do more than they are able to.
PrivaCare Healthcare at home can help
Nursing care at home from PrivaCare provides peace of mind. For many families, home health care is a beneficial choice—a safe and affordable solution that supports the family, while allowing your loved ones to stay in the comfort of their own homes and communities.
If you are caring for a loved one, here are ten ways home health care from PrivaCare can support you:
- Home health care professionals can be there when you aren’t able to be. If you are caregiving from a distance, home health care can give you peace of mind. Trained and qualified professionals can assess safety risks and make simple corrections in the home—from placing a rug on a slippery floor, to recommendations for ambulatory assistance. Our nurses are verified by the Pakistan Nursing Council and have years of experience working in hospital settings including ICU.
- Home care supports activities of daily living (ADLs). In-home services allow adults to receive day-to-day help with the personal care they need, preserving their dignity and maintaining a good quality of life. Assistance with activities of daily living can include bathing, grooming, and medication reminders.
- Access to skilled nursing care at home. Skilled medical care can be delivered at home by thoroughly supervised nurses, certified, licensed and knowledgeable about high-technology medical equipment. Home health care can ensure that your loved one’s complex medical needs are met. Our nurses are verified by the Pakistan Nursing Council.
- Support with diet and nutrition. Are your loved ones getting the nutrition they need to stay healthy? Adults age 65 and older, people with chronic conditions, and those recently discharged from a hospital or nursing facility are likely to be nutritionally at-risk. Aging, bed rest, illness, and injury can all contribute to the loss of lean body mass. Home care may include nutritional counseling and home-cooked meals to protect your loved ones against malnutrition.
- Medication management.If your loved one is on multiple prescriptions it can be confusing to manage. Home health care professionals can ensure the right medications are being taken at the right times to control health conditions and prevent harmful drug interactions.
- Home health care professionals provide caring companionship. Research shows that aging adults stay healthier with social interaction. Home health aides can become trusted friends for walks, reading, cards, games, movies, meals, and other social activities. Accompaniment on errands such as grocery shopping, medical appointments, and other activities are also added benefits. At PrivaCare, we treat all of our home care recipients like family.
- Home health care clients have comparable or better health outcomes. Research has shown that clinical results are comparable or better with fewer complications when home care is provided to individuals with chronic conditions such as pneumonia, diabetes, or COPD.
- One-on-one focus and support. Home health care services are truly unique, providing meaningful, one-on-one personal and skilled care that builds strong bonds between professionals and their clients.
- An affordable alternative to facility or hospital care. Compared to long hospital stays, healthcare at home is a much more affordable option and allows you to recover from the comfort of your own surroundings.
For many families, home health care can be just the support they need to help manage caregiving responsibilities, while avoiding caregiver burnout. Could you or someone you love benefit from home health care services? If so, contact Privacare today at 0300-858-CARE (0300-858-2273) for services across Lahore and surrounding cities in Pakistan.